By Ron Porter
Monday, May 22, 2006
It sure doesn't feel like we got a lot done this week-end. That's especially disappointing given that it was a long week-end (Victoria Day). Oh well, the work that did get done went smoothly and there were no obvious errors. In fact, I fixed a rather glaring error--I somehow missed putting on a proper keel-strip while the boat was upside-down. I actually thought I had done this, but reading about someone else's directional stability problem and its resolution sent me below to do it right. What would have been an hour or so with the hull upside-down took more like 5 or 6 hours. Sorry, no pictures: I tried, but there just isn't any way to get a decent picture of something like that from one foot away.
Here is a shot of the front deck from the aft cabin wall. You can see the side decking at the edges of the picture.
Here is an aerial shot showing the aft cabin wall and most of the side decking. Through the doorway, you can see a bit of the cabin's side walls nearly ready to install. You can also see I've added panels to fill in the holes that I thought were going to provide access to under seat storage. That didn't work out the way I expected, but filling them back in looks pretty simple.
Here is a shot of the complete berth. As you can see, there is no way to get decent exterior access to under-seat storage, which is why I'm closing these holes up permanently.